Wednesday, September 12, 2007

What's koala in English? HUH!!!!!!!!!!!!

So school has started and all is going well. I was abit bored to start with but am now teaching lots and enjoying myself. Today I had a lesson with the year 11 students. I asked one boy what Koala is in Japanese and it ended in laughter. Here is how it went.....

Laura: What is Koala in Japanese
Student: Koala
Laura: What is Koala in English
Student : I dont know (said in Japanese)

I have never laughed so hard in my life. The whole class just lost it. It was very very funny.

Then I was talking about the Kookaburra and one student was confused and said cucumber.

The really funny thing is that the students were serious about what they said. All the rest of us laughed and it was a good icebreaker.

It was so funny.

A good day.

No comments: