Monday, September 3, 2007

Tokyo Tour

Firstly, Happy Bday to my dad.

In late August i went on a tour of Tokyo. We started by going to Tokyo Tower. Which looks like the Eiffel Tower only it is orange and white. The view was quite good that day and my guide walked around and showed me all of the landmark buildings etc. Couldnt see Mt Fuji though. There are also places with a glass floor that you can stand on. It was abit scary though.

I might add that i was the only one who was on the tour that day so it was a personal tour of Tokyo.

Then we headed to the Imperial Palace. Where we were ushered back because the new ambassador of Costa Rica was driving in to meet the Emperor. Very nice area. I liked the old bridges and really pretty buildings.

Next we went on a Tokyo Bay cruise. This was a buffet lunch and also a tour of the bay. It was really nice. Tokyo Bay is very industrial but still very nice to look at.

Our next stop was Asakusa Temple. Where i learned that you have to wash your hands and rinse your mouth before you go into the temple. Also there is a place where you can light insense and then you make the smoke come over to you and guide it to the place you need help with.

My guide also organised for me to go inside on another day to see a Buddhist ceremony.

Our last stop was a calligraphy museum which was interesting. We stopped for some afternoon tea. And then it was time to head home.

One of the best things about the whole day was that i made a friend - the tour guide who I have been in contact with since the tour.

No comments: