Friday, August 17, 2007

My first Earthquake...........

At 4:16am on the 16th of August, I woke up cause everything was shaking. I stupidly opened my eyes and watched as the whole building shook. It was actually quite scary. I didn't think it would be such a big deal but it was. I kinda felt like my house had been invaded...not sure why but thats just how i felt. I didn't sleep well for the rest of the night because i felt quite unsettled.

My friend Kara was staying with me at the time and was on a futon on the floor. She said that when she started shaking, she was mad cause she thought it was me trying to wake up. Then i said to her that it was an earthquake and she was amazed cause she had only been talking about being in an earthquake about 6 hours before.

They have about 10 earthquakes a month here so i guess i will have to get used to them. And this one was only really an aftershock from the earthquake in the next prefecture.

No comments: